Who Pays for Personal Care Services?

Services can be paid privately by any person, company, trust officer, or family member for personal care
services that are not otherwise covered by a long-term care insurance, Medicaid, Grant dollars, etc. 
Unfortunately, Medicare does not include Personal Care Services.

How does this differ from services that Medicare will cover?

A physician’s referral is not required to receive private duty care; nor are clients required to be homebound.
Personal Care Services can be provided in the comfort of one’s home, in an Assisted Living Facility, or in a Senior Living Facility. Our qualified staff are committed to providing care to our clients with dignity and respect, giving all of them the individual attention they deserve.

Services provided to Private Pay clients:

When a client pays A-Plus HealthCare for personal care services, their options are endless. Private Pay offers elderly companionship and conversation, monitoring of diet and eating, checking for food expirations, assisting with evening routine and tuck-in, stimulating mental awareness, outings, and trips.  It also provides for life’s more simple tasks such as preparing grocery lists, assisting with clothing selection, answering the door, and clipping coupons.

If I am on Medicaid, how do I get services and who decides what services I will receive?

You just call our agency yourself or have your doctor, discharge planner, social worker, or a friend make a referral on your behalf.  Your request for services are sent to a nurse at the Mountain Pacific Quality Health, who authorizes your service care plan. The nurse will schedule a visit with you in your home within 10 working days of receiving the request.  

During the visit the nurse will:

  • Explain the process
  • Complete a client assessment of the need for personal assistance
  • Provide you written materials explaining the program
  • Allow you a choice of providers in your area

After the visit the nurse will:

  • Fax the information to your choice of provider agency
  • The provider agency will let you know what services are approved.  

Note: If you are denied services AND you don’t agree with the determination, you may file for a “Fair Hearing”. This is done by informing A-Plus HealthCare who will provide you with the appropriate process.